Houston Alexander Wants Bisping

This is the place for all discussion concerning the UFC, including The Ultimate Fighter. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Houston Alexander Wants Bisping

Postby Brett Jones on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:47 pm

http://blogs.chron.com/fighting/2007/09 ... ispin.html

"I'll fight whoever the UFC puts in front of me."

That quote should sound vaguely familiar to fight fans. It's the standard answer to the most-commonly asked question in MMA. Media and fans constantly want to know whom a victorious fighter wants to fight next.

Just for variety, occassionally, I wouldn't mind hearing, "I'd like to kick the living (blank) out of so-and-so."

While Houston Alexander (7-1 overall; 2-0 in the UFC) didn't say that verbatim in a chat he had today with the Chronicle's Brawl Sports, the Omaha, Neb., fighter did say he would welcome the opportunity to touch gloves with Michael Bisping.

"I wouldn't mind fighting Bisping. I wouldn't mind getting in the ring with that gentleman. He seems like a really confident guy, and I'm a confident guy, so I think that would be a great fight, an interesting fight."

Interesting indeed ... it's a matchup that would provide a stern standup test for the Brit and a chance for Alexander to face a "name" opponent to continue to build his stock in the 205-pound division.

According to an MMA Junkie report and a post on Matt Hamill's Web site, the next bout for Bisping would appear to be a rematch with Hamill at the yearend UFC 79 show. If that comes to fruition, Alexander would have to wait his turn to battle Bisping. Regardless, Alexander expects to fight one more time before the close of '07.

The 35-year-old father of six signed a three-fight contract with the UFC when he took the May bout with Jardine. The UFC liked what it saw and inked Alexander to a two-fight extension after he upset "The Dean of Mean."

At the UFC 76 post-fight news conference, Jardine said a rematch with Alexander "might happen sometime." That's also a fight Alexander would gladly step into.

"If I fight him again, I don't think it (the outcome) would be any different."
I host the show.
Brett Jones
V.I.P.

Return to UFC Discussion